Thursday, March 29, 2012

Take Me As I Am, Hire Me, or Leave Me! #16

First On Campus!

Yup, you read that correctly. The first on campus interview!  Score! Two weeks ago I had a phone interview  for a res life position at an all women's college in the mid-west. Double score!  It took place on a Friday and I was offered an on campus that Monday. Wow!  The interview went well. We had more of a conversation then an interview, which now I understand what that means and is suppose to feel like. After talking for 45 minutes we finally hung up the phone. I started to cry. Yes cry, you heard me. It was the best feeling in the world. We connected, I love what the institution stands for and it fits the majority of my criteria. I wanted to work there NOW! That's how awesome this interview went. BUT our conversation didn't stop there. I sent out my thank you emails and the young AC who interviewed me continued the conversation the whole weekend! We talked about traveling, things to do in the area, music ect. It was a great feeling, and I was on a high for the rest of the weekend. I even celebrated with some wine!
Maybe I was so excited because this was my first lead since I've  returned from NASPA. It also has been my only once since.  I feel really good about this on campus but I am trying so hard not to get my hopes up. The countdown begins as I try to finish my school work AND prepare for the on campus, which will take place in TWO weeks!  During the next week I will be skyping with my mentors so I can be prepared to kick some butt!!

Wish me luck!

 Leap and the net will appear. -Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment