Thursday, June 7, 2012

Take Me As I am, Hire Me, or Leave Me 26


Today, I received the final bit of information to make any soon to be grad happy. Congratulations, you have passed your comprehensive exam.  Did I just read that sentence correctly? Hold up let me read that again. Congratulations you have PASSED your comprehensive exam. Yup, that’s right, I passed!

Uncontrollable tears rolled down my cheeks as I stared at the computer screen. My dream of earning a Masters degree just became surreal to me. I’ve been waiting for this moment for four years.  The road has been long and bumpy. Two programs later, a year of unemployment I have finally reached my goal. Bitter sweet.

As I graduate on Saturday, I look back and thank all of the people who told me I wouldn’t make it to this point in my life. I thank them for lighting a fire under my butt and proving them I am worthy of this degree. I also want to thank my friends, family and mentors who have cheered me along the way, who have pushed me when I wanted to give up, offered me words of inspiration and encouragement. Without them, I would have listened to the voices of those who told me I wouldn’t make it.

It’s amazing what you can do when you put your mind, heart and soul into it. For the first time in my life I believe that I am exactly where I am suppose to be and my past experiences have guided me to where I will go next.

“To accomplish great things, we must dream as well as act.”

No comments:

Post a Comment