Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Take me as I am, Leave me, or hire me- I finally graduated!

Hello!
 Last Saturday I graduated! Woohoooo!! The day finally came and it was everything I expected and more. My parents and brother are local, and my sister, her girlfriend and their two dogs drove over from Tampa. it was nice to have the entire family together to celebrate my special day.   I treated myself to the morning at the salon, I got my hair and makeup done. Then started the day at my parents house with a huge Italian lunch. You know, Italian bread, cold cuts, peppers and lots of mozzarella! Yum!
We took some family pictures before it was time to head over to graduation. I've started at my cap and gown for weeks, but  it still hasn't hit me that I completed my masters until I met my classmates and saw them in their cap in gown looking fabulous. I couldn't stop taking pictures! It was amazing. The best part of the day was of course when they called my name and I got to walk across the stage. I still get chills every time I think about it.

Since last Saturday, I've been floating on cloud 9. I've been trying to find the words to express to you all what I'm feeling. My journey hasn't been easy. I failed many, many times during my 4 year journey. I went through two programs, found out I had a learning disability and self doubted myself more than I should have. But I shook it off and now I have my masters!!  But what made me cry was the message my sister wrote in her card. It reads: "Today, I am so proud of you. I'm proud of what you have accomplished in spite of the obstacles. I'm proud of the strong women you've become in the process. I'm proud that you never gave up even when you failed.  Because sometime you need to fail in order to succeed. You learned that your stronger than you thought you were, and you learn what you need to do next time, and most importantly, what not to do again." It goes on and on but she ends the card with a quote: " Only those who dare to fail greatly, can ever achieve greatly." -Robert Kennedy-

So my advice of the day is: Don't settle for less,  go after your dreams.


I've never been more proud of myself than I am at this point in my life. Life keeps getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment