Sunday, April 29, 2012

Small Town, Big (City) Dreams #19


On-Campus Time

On Wednesday, I was offered my first on-campus interview!  The position incorporates residence life hall responsibilities and judicial affairs for a small campus located in an east coast city!  Perhaps this small town, big city dreams has the potential to come true, after all! I will have a little under two weeks to prepare for the interview, including a 20 minute presentation.  I am very excited about the interview, but am nervous that the location is too far from my hometown, and my network of supportive friends and family.  Venturing far from what is familiar will be something that I have to strongly consider after the interview experience.


On top of on-campuses, I am preparing for the last week of my graduate career. The feeling is actually unreal—it feels like I have been here longer than two years, investing more time and energy that I did in my undergraduate experience.  The feeling is bittersweet, as I prepare to say goodbye to a cohort of individuals that have meant so much to me over the past few years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment